You know, going to college in Dublin, I was use to seeing some weird happenings. I once shared an hour and a half bus trip with a man with Tourettes. He was convinced he was on a beach on Jupiter and kept asking me if I wanted a ham sandwich.
In this light, nothing phases me in Taipei. I have seen some pretty damn weird happenings here, but nothing that would make me assume Taipei is weirder than any other city in the world. If you put more than a million people in a small confined area with a good public transport system, you are bound to come across some weird things.
So, for you entertainment and to prove a couple of people wrong, and myself right, here are some of my favourite snapshots of the happenings in Taipei.
- Foreigner dressed up as Spider-Man with an anime backpack. A Marvel Weaboo. I felt like David Attenborough.
- This is the “Taipei Daredevil On A Budget” on the MRT.
- I’m pretty sure this elderly man knew what was on his bag, he just didn’t care
- This is one me and my girlfriend did together on Valentines Day in NTU. Whilst lovers made heart-shapes with the fallen petals, we decided to be a little bit more creative with them. We waited around for someone to see it. We weren’t disappointed by their reaction.
- This one just makes me sad (Girlfriend took this, not me)
- This is just a fat cat I came across. Nothing special, I just like cats.