Nihao's It Going?

#1 Demographics in Taiwan: Europeans in 2017

Scroll down to content

The National Immigration Agency of Taiwan releases population stats on all foreign nationals in Taiwan, but their excel sheets are extremely counterintuitive. As such, I have taken the time to help breakdown some stats below for Europeans in Taiwan.

Trends in European Demographics

  1. The largest segment of Europeans is British (24.9%), followed by French (18.8%) and German (12.2%)
  2. Men make up 73% of the total European population, with the remaining females making up only 27% of the population.
  3. Countries with the least citizens in Taiwan were:  Cyprus (1), Andora (1), Luxembourg (1), Malta (1, yes you Julian), Bosnia (2) and Albania (3).

European population breakdown

Breakdown of Europeans in Taiwan by country and gender

Male Female Total
Cyprus 1 0 1
Albania 1 2 3
Andora 1 0 1
Austria 77 35 102
Belgium 107 29 136
Bulgaria 5 4 9
Belarus 41 32 73
Czech Rep. 57 27 84
Denmark 62 29 89
Finland 35 14 49
France 1,053 392 1,445
Germany 694 241 935
Greece 40 4 44
Hungary 46 27 73
Iceland 6 5 11
Ireland 127 24 151
Italy 319 93 412
Luxembourg 1 0 1
Malta 1 0 1
Netherlands 229 55 284
Norway 21 8 29
Poland 110 97 207
Portugal 77 33 110
Romania 25 13 38
Spain 275 98 373
Sweden 107 39 146
Switzerland 135 38 173
Ukraine 93 102 195
United Kingdom 1,524 386 1,910
Latvia 8 6 15
Estonia 4 5 9
Russia 218 213 431
Lithuania 4 8 12
Moldova 5 3 8
Croatia 24 5 29
Slovenia 10 12 22
Macedonia 10 3 13
Bosnia 1 1 2
Slovakia 27 9 36
Serbia 18 5 23
Total: 5599 2097 7685

3 Replies to “#1 Demographics in Taiwan: Europeans in 2017”

  1. Wow, superb weblog layout! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you made running a blog glance easy. The entire glance of your web site is excellent, let alone the content!

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: